In this episode we speak with the Software Engineer and Security Commentator Steve Gibson. He’s a Star Trek fan since the TOS original broadcast and he’s also the co-host of the Security Now podcast on the TWiT network.
- Seeing TOS in original broadcast
- Steve’s greatest heartbreak
- Twilight Zone, Lost in Space, and Forbidden Planet
- Real people, not cartoons
- The TNG Writer’s Bible
- Who is the Ultimate Captain?
- Steve’s shocking DS9 confession
- Star Trek Time Machine – Back to the 1980’s
- Another shocking confession, this time about Q
- Defending Q
- Star Trek and Star Wars
- Steve does not approve of short seasons in modern TV
- The unbelievable story of the Bunn-Ons and Steve’s Super8 movie
- Making effects in Super8 film
- The threatening voice of the Bunn-On Commander
- The transporter was an electric range
- Creating beaming and phaser effects with pins
- Special thanks to Scott’s Mom
- John’s Super8 Sci-fi spectacular
- Not a collector
- High hopes for Strange New Worlds
- Steve gets choked up
- Reflections on Captain Pike and Mr. Spock
- Some love for the USS Voyager
- Steve knows he is mortal but wants something more. He also has a complaint.
- Should we answer the phone if the aliens call?
- The Bobiverse books
- The Gibraltar series
- Gene was part of a team
- The creator of the Horta: Janos Prohaska
- Time Travel stories: Episodes the fans crave
- Why do the space aliens speak English?
- My prior guest Tim Sandefur had many thoughts on Survivors too
- Even “godlike” beings enjoy a little VR every once and a while
- Kevin Uxbridge committed a genocide
- A Christmas Carol with Sir Patrick Stewart
- Picard Season 2 is a resolution
- Strange New Worlds
- Prodigy & Lower Decks
- Are we in a Sci-Fi drought?
- Honorary Star Trek title awarded: Deep Core Multi-Tronic Programmer at the Daystrom Institute
- From the Bonus Material
- Farewell PIC S2E10
- The Devil in the Dark TOS S1E25
- First Contact TNG S4E15
- The City on the Edge of Forever TOS S1E28
- Darmok TNG S5E02
- The Survivors TNG S3E03
- The Inner Light TNG S5E25
This show is a labor of love. We don’t have advertisements or a supporter’s program or anything like that. But if you’d like to show your support for Trek Profiles, please consider a donation to the official charity of the podcast: The Children’s Fund for Glycogen Storage Disease (GSD). Click here to donate. Or click here to learn more about GSD.