In this one we speak with the Scandinavian Crime Noir Author, TikToker, and Star Trek fan Karin Nordin.
- TikTok and the pandemic
- Cosplay prep
- An hour per eyebrow
- The IKEAN Vulcan harp
- “7 of 9 day”
- The TrekTok community
- Hoisin Sauce
- Karin singing as Spock singing as Bilbo
- First and almost last Star Trek experience
- The Harrison Ford Exception
- What’s a Blockbuster?
- Bee Kind, Rewind!
- It was all very blue…
- Faking sick and ending up at an insurrection
- Leveraging the crafty Mom…
- Ice skating patterns
- Is it cool to be a nerd now?
- Tribute for the Picard Salsa dance moves
- How to watch Trek in the Netherlands
- Scandinavian Noir Crime Fiction
- Star Trek influences
- Fanfic confessions
- A fanfic challenge to the listeners…
- The FASA Star Trek miniatures
- Starship Tactical Combat Simulator game
- The novel Killing Time
- Leonard’s visit and my guest’s regret
- The best movie theater to watch Star Trek
- Family cosplay, best cosplay!
- Anton recollections
- What the Federation is like
- The Vulcan School Principal did a lot with a little
- Zora? Who?
- The Star Trek IV Meal Kit
- Fanfic tie-ins
- Appreciation for Joanne Linville
- Where does the Romulan Commander go?
- Admiring the craft in “Stitch”
- Forging a connection with Stepdad
- Choosing not to join Starfleet
- The “Bad Art Friend” story
- Bonus Material
- Honorary Star Trek title awarded: Holonovel Writer for Broht & Forrester
- The Motion Picture (Movie)
- Star Trek Insurrection (Movie)
- Short Treks (Series)
- Children of Mars
- Star Trek IV (Movie)
- Mirror, Mirror TOS S2E04
- The Enterprise Incident TOS S3E02
- A Stitch in Time (Novel)
- Explorers DS9 S3E22
- Find Karin’s books, either in paper or electronic at any of these:
- Karin’s author Instagram
- Karin’s author Twitter
- Karin’s main website
- Jazzercise Loki, Karin’s TikTok
- Karin is also on YouTube
This show is a labor of love. If you’d like to show your support for Trek Profiles, please consider a donation to the official charity of the podcast: The Children’s Fund for Glycogen Storage Disease (GSD). Click here to donate. Or click here to learn more about GSD.
- Would you like to write some Kobayashi Maru lightning round questions? If you’d like to submit some for possible inclusion on the show, you can send me a message via Twitter or email me. I give some suggestions on good questions here.
- Some portions of the Kobayashi Maru lightning round questions in this episode were written by listener Adam Saunders. If you’d like to submit questions for possible inclusion on the show, you can send me a message via Twitter or email me. I give some suggestions on good questions here.
- Background photo by Karsten Würth on Unsplash