In this one, we are pleased to have the chance to interview Ben Robinson of Hero Collector and EagleMoss. Ben is a long-time Star Trek fan and also works in the world of Trek professionally.
Also, it’s time for my annual charity drive, so if you’d like to show your support for the show, please consider a donation to our favorite charity: The Children’s Fund for Glycogen Storage Disease. You can read about this charity here. And in episode 34 i talked about why I chose this charity and what it means to me.
- Growing up with Star Trek TOS
- Sapphire & Steel, a UK sci-fi show from the early 1980’s
- Locke, the film with Tom Hardy
- Cosplay and how the media portrays it in the UK
- The strange Star Trek VHS cover image with the Dalai Lama
- The original designs for the USS Reliant, NCC-1864
- Concept art in Star Trek
- Star Trek Fact Files
- Which version of the Enterprise?
- The Jem’Hadar fighter doesn’t look like that
- What color is Captain Kirk’s uniform shirt?
- Utopian thinking and optimism in Star Trek
- Must everyone become an Admiral?
- Stories conflict about Coventry
- Ben discusses the various Kes exit strategies considered by the Voyager’s writers
- Appreciation for Joe Menosky
- Ben was fascinated by Lorca
- Ben talks about how working in Star Trek alters his enjoyment of watching the show
- “TV thinking”
- From the bonus material
- How many ships can you make?
- The deepest cut, in Ben’s opinion
- We need a good naming scheme for the various eras of Star Trek
- Metamorphosis. TOS S2E2
- Errand of Mercy TOS S1E27
- All Good Things, TNG S7E25-26
- The Defector TNG S3E10
- In the Pale Moonlight DS9 S6E19
- The Gift VOY S4E2
- The Butcher’s Knife Cares Not for the Lamb’s Cry DSC S1E4
- Star Trek Hero Collector from EagleMoss
- Follow Ben on Twitter
Some portions of the Kobayashi Maru lightning round questions were submitted by listeners Adam Sanders and Abby Sommer. If you would like to submit Kobayashi Maru questions for possible inclusion on a future episode, see the rules here.
Honorary Star Trek title awarded: Chief of the Starship Design Bureau