In this episode we speak with the podcaster and super Star Trek fan Chris Lackey. He is one half of the amazing “Rachel Watches Star Trek” podcast.
- Always being a Star Trek fan
- Kirk and Spock fighting made little Chris cry
- The Video Cassette Recorder or VCR
- Someone in the house had Star Trek on and that’s how I started watching it
- “Water Cooler” TV is long gone
- Keighley UK
- Being Enterprise curious
- Star Trek is competing with The Wire and many other older and newer shows
- Is rewatching mandatory like homework?
- Admiral Toddman wears a yellow shirt
- Nightcrawler and BAMF
- The FASA Star Trek RPG
- Chris loves Gowron
- The DragonMeet con in the UK
- The Star Trek Experience
- Trek Profiles Episode 60 with Paul Mattingly
- The Rachel Watches Star Trek podcast
- Strange Studies of Strange Stories podcast
- Chris and Rachel’s episode rating system
- Medical professionals in Star Trek don’t seem to know any First Aid
- Public persona versus private crimes?
- The ship of Theseus but with people
- Keanu Reeves is totes fine with people having VR sex with him
- Do I know you, dear listener?
- Chris tries to get himself canceled during an extensive diatribe on Up the Long Ladder
- Honorary Star Trek title awarded: Assistant Supervisor of the New Atlantis Project
- From the Bonus Material
- Reddit – Ask an American
- The World’s Largest Thermometer in Baker, California
- Mustache On or Off?
- The Magic Garden show from WPIX in NYC
- Dinner versus Supper
- Brontë Country is a thing
- What’s your favorite Trek?
- Game of Thrones vs. A Song of Ice and Fire
- The Dune Dinner Scene
- The Dune RPG
- The Redshirts game
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)
- Emergence TNG S7E23
- The Deadly Years TOS S2E11
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986)
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982)
- Galaxy’s Child TNG S4E16
- Second Chances TNG S6E24
- Up the Long Ladder TNG S2E18
- Find Chris’s podcast about classic horror genre fiction, Strange Studies of Strange Stories here
- Rachel Watches Star Trek is here
- Chris is on Twitter here
This show is a labor of love. We don’t have advertisements or a supporter’s program or anything like that. But if you’d like to show your support for Trek Profiles, please consider a donation to the official charity of the podcast: The Children’s Fund for Glycogen Storage Disease (GSD). Click here to donate. Or click here to learn more about GSD.
Would you like to write some Kobayashi Maru lightning round questions? If you’d like to submit some for possible inclusion on the show, you can send me a message via Twitter or email me. I give some suggestions on good questions here.